Current Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to visit China from May 14-16. His visit to the nation has come close on the heels of Nepal earthquake where both countries are working to provide relief materials to the victims. Days before his visit to China, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has debuted on the country's popular social media platform Weibo.
Below are the list of Indian Prime Ministers who visited China......
- India's first Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru visited China in 1954.
- After a gap of 34 years, at the invitation of Premier Li Peng, Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi of India paid an official visit to China between December 19 and 23, 1988.
- His visit was a major event in Sino-Indian relations.
- September 1993: Indian PM Narasimha Rao visits China. An agreement on the maintenance of peace and tranquility along the line of actual control in the India-China border area is signed.
- July 2003: Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee visited China. Declaration on principles for relations and comprehensive cooperation is signed and a special representative mechanism established to explore the framework of a boundary settlement from the political perspective.
- January 2008: Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh paid an official visit to China. "A Shared Vision for the 21st Century" is agreed upon by the two governments.
- October 2008: Indian PM Dr Manmohan Singh visits China to participate in the 7th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit.
- October 2013: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh visited China.
OneIndia News (With inputs from various sources)