Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Unnao (SC)
- Constituency No. 165
- District: Unnao
- Population of the district: 3,110,595
- Overall Literacy: 68.29%
- Sex ratio: 901/1000
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Deepak Kumar (SP)
- Votes received: 61,695
- Nearest rival: Pankaj Gupta (BJP)
- Votes: 51,550
- Difference: 10,145
- Margin: 10,145 (5.6%)
- Total voters: 3,17,227
- Turnout: 57.3 %
Unnao comprises of KCs 4-Pariyar, 5-Unnao, PCs 2-Majra Piparkhera, 4-Maswasi, 5- Poni, 6-Magarwara, 19-Deeh, 20-Shekhpur Nari of 2-Harha KC, 6-Unnao MB & 7-Gangaghat M.B of 3-Unnao Tehsil.
Lok Sabha constituency
- Unnao LS constituency comprises of six assembly segments. These are Bangermau, Safipur (SC), Mohan (SC), Unnao, Bhagwant Nagar and Purwa.
- In 2014 LS poll, BJP's Dr. Sachchidanand Hari Sakshi defeated SP's Arun Shankar Shukla from this seat.
Past results of Unnao Assembly constituency
- In 2007, Deepak Kumar(SP) defeated Shiv Pal Singh (INC) with 11,112 votes.
- In 2002, Kuldeep Singh (BSP) defeated Shiv Pal (INC) with 3,578 votes.