Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The
state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has
to win 202 seats to form the government.
In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Sidhauli (SC category)
- Constituency No. 152
- District: Sitapur
- Population: 569,117
- Literacy: 53.63%
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Manish Rawat (SP)
- Votes received: 73,714
- Vote percentage: 36.6
- Nearest rival: Dr. Hargovind Bhargav (BSP)
- Votes : 67,083
- Percentage: 33.4%
- Difference: 6,631
- Margin: 6,631 (3.3%)
- Total voters: 3,01,879
- Turnout: 66.6
Past records of the constituency
- In 2007, Dr. Hargovind Bhargava (BSP) defeated his rival Syam Lal Rawat ( SP) with 11,994 votes.
- In 2002, Shyam Lal Rawat (SP) defeated his rival Ramesh Rahi( BSP) with 436 votes.
Lok Sabha constituency
- Sidhauli assembly seat falls under Mohanlalganj LS constituency.
- In 2014 LS poll, BJP's Kaushal Kishore defeated BSP's R. K. Choudhary from this seat.