Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Sarojini Nagar (GEN)
- Constituency No. 170
- District: Lucknow
- Population of the district: 3,588,455
- Overall Literacy: 79.33%
- Sex ratio: 906/1000
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Sharda Pratap Shukla (SP)
- Votes received: 67,601
- Nearest rival: Shiv Shanker Singh (BSP)
- Votes: 59,236
- Difference: 8,365
- Margin: 8,365 (3.6%)
- Total voters: 3,95,623
- Turnout: 59.0%
Sarojini Nagar comprises of KCs 4-Khushal Ganj, 5-Banthara, 6-Bijnaur, Ward Nos. 1 to 4, 7, 12 & 16 in Lucknow (M Corp.) of 3-Lucknow Tehsil.
Lok Sabha constituency
- Sarojini Nagar assembly seat falls under Mohanlalganj LS constituency
- In 2014 LS poll, BJP's Kaushal Kishore defeated BSP's R. K. Choudhary from this seat
Past records of Sarojini Nagar assembly seat
- In 2007, Mohd.Irshad Khan (BSP) defeated Shyam Kishore Yadav(SP) with 5,424 votes.
- In 2002, Mohd.Irshad Khan (BSP) defeated Shyam Kishore Yadav(SP) with 2,592 votes.