Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Sandila (GEN)
- Constituency No. 161
- District: Hardoi
- Population of district: 4,091,380
- Overall Literacy: 68.89%
- Sex ratio: 856/1000
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Kunwar Mahabir Singh (SP)
- Votes received: 84,644
- Nearest rival: Abdul Mannan (BSP)
- Votes: 65,510
- Difference: 19,134
- Margin: 19,134 (9.9%)
- Total voters: 3,08,852
- Turnout: 62.4%
Past results of the constituency
- In 2007, Abdul Mannan (BSP) defeated Smt Ishrat Rasool(SP) with 3,055 votes.
- In 2002, Abdul Mannan (BSP) defeated Kunwar Virendra Singh (SP) with 19,560 votes.
Some more info about Sandila
- People believe Sandila is the worship land of legendary sage Shandilya.
- Historical facts say that Sandila town established in the medieval period after Mohammad Ghori's capture of Delhi throne.
- Two brothers belonging to the martial Arakh clan viz. Salhia and Malhia established the towns of Salhiapura which was later called Sandila.
- This place is famous for its special Boondi Laddoos. Its reference is also given in many of the Bollywood movies.