Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Sandi(SC)
- Constituency No. 158
- District: Hardoi
- Population: 23,233
- Overall Literacy: 49%
- Male literacy: 56%
- Female literacy: 41%
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Rajeshwari (SP)
- Votes received: 66,325
- Nearest rival: Virendra Kumar (BSP)
- Votes : 59,675
- Difference: 6,650
- Margin: 6,650 (3.8%)
- Total voters: 2,96,094
- Turnout: 58.7 %
- Sandi is famous for its pedas, mostly for gujiya or milk sweets. Place is also popular for its Bird sanctuary.
- First election in Sandi assembly constituency was held in 2012 after delimitation came into effect.
2014 Lok Sabha result of Hardoi constituency
- Hardoi Parliamentary constituency comprises of six Vidhan Sabha segments. These are Sawayazpur, Shahabad, Hardoi, Gopamau, Sandi and pihani
- Anshul Verma (BJP) defeated Shive Prasad Verma (BSP) with 81, 343 votes with margin 4.97 %.