Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Safipur (SC)
Constituency No. 163
Population of the district: 3,110,595
Overall Literacy: 68.29%
Sex ratio: 901/1000
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Sudhir Kumar (SP)
- Votes received: 72,869
- Nearest rival: Ram Baran (BSP)
- Votes: 63,815
- Difference: 9,054
- Margin: 9,054 (5.3%)
- Total voters: 2,89,234
- Turnout: 58.7%
Safipur comprises of KC 1-Safipur, PCs 1-Osiyan, 3-Gurdhari, 4-Munda, 5-Barithana,11-Gauriya Kala, 14-Pesari, 15-Nigohi, 16-Kursath I, 17-Kursath II, 18-Sherpur Kala, 19-Tikana of 2-Kursath KC & 7-Safipur NP of 1-Safipur Tehsil; KCs 3-Haiderabad, 4-Rasoolabad, PCs 1- Aldau, 6-Poorachand, 7-Biswal; 22-Rampur Khajhri of 2-Auras KC, 7-Rasoolabad NP & 12-Haiderabad NP of 2-Hasanganj Tehsil.
Lok Sabha constituency
- Assembly seat comes under Unnao LS seat.
- Unnao constituency comprises of six assembly segments. These are Bangermau, Safipur (SC), Mohan (SC), Unnao, Bhagwant Nagar and Purwa.
- In 2014 LS poll, BJP's Dr. Sachchidanand Hari Sakshi defeated SP's Arun Shankar Shukla from this seat.
Past results of Safipur constituency
- In 2007 State poll, Sudhir Kumar (SP) defeated Manish Kumar (BSP) with 7,386 votes.
- In 2002, Sundar Lal (BSP) defeated Ram Baran( BSP) with 9,82 votes.