Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly pol]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Purwa (GEN)
- Constituency No. 167
- District: Unnao
- Population of the district: 3,110,595
- Overall Literacy: 68.29%
- Sex ratio: 901/1000 2012
Assembly election result
- Winner: Uday Raj (SP)
- Votes received: 85,073
- Nearest rival: Narendra Singh Lodhi (BSP)
- Votes: 57,172
- Difference: 27,901
- Margin: 27,901 (13.4%)
- Total voters: 3,47,602
- Turnout: 59.7 %
Purwa comprises of 4-Purwa Tehsil & KC 1- Bichhiya of 3-Unnao Tehsil.
Lok Sabha constituency
- Purwa assembly seat falls under Unnao LS constituency
- Unnao comprises of six assembly segments. These are Bangermau, Safipur (SC), Mohan (SC), Unnao, Bhagwant Nagar and Purwa.
- In 2014 LS poll, BJP's Dr. Sachchidanand Hari Sakshi defeated SP's Arun Shankar Shukla from this seat.
Past results of Purwa Assembly constituency
- In 2007, Uday Raj (SP) defeated Hirday Narayan Dixit (BJP) with 4,247 votes.
- In 2002, Udai Raj (SP) defeated Hriday Narayan Dikshit (BJP) with 9,917 votes.