Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government.
In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it: [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
Constituency Name: Palia
- Constituency No. 137
- District: Lakhimpur Kheri
- District Area: 7,680 sq km
- District population: 4,021,243
- District literacy: 60.56%
2012 Assembly election result in Palia
- Winner: Harvindar Kumar Sahani (BSP)
- Votes received: 55,460
- Vote percentage: 27.29%
- Nearest rival: Krishna Gopal Patel (SP)
- Votes: 49,541
- Percentage: 24.37%
- Difference: 5,919
- Margin: 2.92%
- Total voters: 317,617
- Turnout: 203,254 (63.99%)
First election in Palia assembly constituency was held in 1962 after the "DPACO (1961)" (delimitation order) was passed in 1961.
Extant of Palia Assembly constituency is Palia Tehsil; KC Kukra & Forest Area of Gola Gokrannath Tehsil.
2014 Lok Sabha result in Lakhimpur Kheri
Ajay Kumar (BJP) defeated Arvind Giri (BSP) by 110,274 votes and by a margin of 10.23%.
About Lakhimpur Kheri district
- Lakhimpur Kheri is the largest district in Uttar Pradesh on the border with Nepal and it is a part of Lucknow division (124 kilometres from Lucknow).
- Kheri Lok Sabha constituency comprises of 5 legislative assembly segments-- Gola Gokrannath, Lakhimpur, Nighasan, Palia and Sri Nagar.
- 2 Parliamentary Constituencies - Kheri, and Dhaurahra
- 8 Assembly Constituencies - Lakhimpur, Dhaurahara, Gola Gokarannath, Kasta, Mohammadi, Nighasan, Palia Kalan, Srinagar
- 6 Tehsils - Lakhimpur, Mohammdi, Gola Gokarannath, Nighasan, Dhaurahra,Mitauli Palia Kalan
- Major tourist attractions here are Dudhwa National Park, Naseeruddin Memorial Hall, Eidgah, Shiv Temple, Frog Temple, Sai Temple, Sharda Barrage and Deer Park.
- Bajaj Hindustan Limited (BHL) sugar plant in Gola Gokarannath and Bajaj Hindustaan Limited (BHL) sugar plant in Palia Kalan are two largest sugar mills in Asia.
- Some rivers that flow through Lakhimpur are are Sharda, Ghagra, Koriyala, Ull, Sarayan, Chauka, Gomti, Kathana, Sarayu and Mohana.
- Most people speak Awadhi language in this district.
- Lakhimpur Kheri Airport known as Palia Airport is situated near Dudhwa National Park at Palia Kalan.