Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Mohan (SC)
- Constituency No. 164
- District: Unnao
- Population of the district: 3,110,595
- Overall Literacy: 68.29%
- Sex ratio: 901/1000
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Radhey Lal Rawat (BSP)
- Votes received: 48,021
- Nearest rival: Mast Ram (BJP)
- Votes: 38,852
- Difference: 9,169
- Margin: 9,169 (5.0%)
- Total voters: 2,87,244
- Turnout: 64.3 %
Mohan comprises of KCs 1-Mohan, 5-Bhauli, 6-Nawabganj, PCs 2-Purthyavan, 3- Auras, 4-Seehmau, 5-Bachhauli, 8-Mirjapur Ajgaon, 9-Maini Bhawakhera, 10-Hasanpur Pachhimbav, 11-Jawan, 12-Gagan,
13-Bhurkundi, 14-Bayari Gaon, 15-Baradev, 16-Adaura, 17- Mawai, 18-Rampur Gadauvan, 19-Tikra Samad, 20-Hajipur Gosa, 21-Geruwa, 23-Dhamiyana of 2-Auras KC, 8-Nawabganj NP, 9-Mohan NP, 10-Nyotini NP & 11-Auras NP of 2- Hasanganj Tehsil.
Lok Sabha constituency
- Assembly seat comes under Unnao LS seat.
- Unnao constituency comprises of six assembly segments. These are Bangermau, Safipur (SC), Mohan (SC), Unnao, Bhagwant Nagar and Purwa.
- In 2014 LS poll, BJP's Dr. Sachchidanand Hari Sakshi defeated SP's Arun Shankar Shukla from this seat.
Some more info
- Mohan went for Assembly poll for the first time in 2012 after delimitation.
- Local residents believes that Mohan is derived from Moh meaning devotional love in Hindi and han meaning loss.
- As per a story, Mohan is the place where lord Rama separated from his wife Sita when former went for Vanvas (self imposed exile).
- Some people also say that name Mohan was given by the first inhabitants of this place who came from a small city Mahan of Iran.