Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government.
In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Mahmoodabad
- Constituency No. 151
- Category: General
- District: Sitapur
- Population: 41,911
- Literacy: 49%
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Narendra Singh Verma (SP)
- Votes received: 86, 580
- Vote percentage: 46.6
- Nearest rival: Ahmad Anshari (BSP)
- Votes : 66,991
- Percentage: 35.1
- Difference: 19,589
- Margin: 19,589 (10.5 %)
- Total voters: 2,63,909
- Turnout: 70.4
Past records of the constituency
- In 2007, Narendra Singh Verma(SP) defeated his rival Meesam Rizvi (BSP) with 13, 811 votes.
- In 2002, Narendra Singh(BJP) had defeated his rival Narendra Kumar Mishra(SP) with 14,134 votes.
2014 Lok Sabha result of Sitapur
- Rajesh Verma(BJP) defeated Kaiser Jahan(BSP) with 51, 027 votes with margin 4.97 %.