Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority.[Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Lucknow West (GEN)
- Constituency No. 171
- District: Lucknow
- Population of the district: 3,588,455
- Overall Literacy: 79.33%
- Sex ratio: 906/1000
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Mohd Rehan (SP)
- Votes received: 49,912
- Nearest rival: Suresh Kumar Shrivastav (BJP)
- Votes: 42,100
- Difference: 7,812
- Margin: 7,812 (4.6%)
- Total voters: 3, 40,251
- Turnout: 49.8%
Lucknow West comprises of ward nos. 17, 26, 36, 52, 63, 71, 75, 83, 87, 92, 94, 95, 102, 104, 106, 107 & 109 in Lucknow (M Corp.) of 3-Lucknow Tehsil.
Lok Sabha constituency
- Lucknow West assembly seat falls under Lucknow LS constituenc.
- Lucknow Lok Sabha constituency comprises of five legislative assembly segments.
- These are Lucknow West, Lucknow North, Lucknow East, Lucknow Central and Lucknow Cantt.
- In 2014 LS poll, BJP's Raj Nath Singh defeated Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joshi from this seat.
Past results of Lucknow West Assembly constituency
- In 2007, Lal Ji Tandon (BJP) defeated Bukqal Nawab (SP) with 13,822 votes.
- In 2002, Lalji Tandon (BJP) defeated Virendra Bhatia (SP) with 14,539 votes.