Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Hardoi (GEN)
- Constituency No. 156
- Population: 4,091,380
- Overall Literacy: 68.89%
- Sex ratio: 856/1000
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Nitin Agarwal (SP)
- Votes received: 110,063
- Nearest rival: Raja Bux Singh (BSP)
- Votes: 66,381
- Difference: 43,682
- Margin: 43,682 (21.7%)
- Total voters: 3, 40,302
- Turnout: 59.1 %
Past records of Assembly
- In 2007, Naresh Chandra Agarwal(SP) defeated Ram Kumar Kuril(BSP) with 23,249 votes.
- In 2002, Naresh Chandra Agarwal(SP) defeated Shiv Prasad(BSP) with 26, 583 votes.
District Hardoi comprises of 5 tehsils, 19 blocks, 191 Nyay Panchayat, 1101 Gram Sabha, and 1901 villages. The name of tehsils are Hardoi, Shahabad, Bilgram, Sandila, and Sawayajpur.
2014 Lok Sabha result of Hardoi
- Anshul Verma (BJP) defeated Shive Prasad Verma (BSP) with 81, 343 votes with margin 4.97 %.