Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government.
In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it: [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
Constituency Name: Dhaurahra
- Constituency No. 141
- District: Lakhimpur Kheri
- District Area: 7,680 sq km
- District population: 4,021,243
- District literacy: 60.56%
2012 Assembly election result in Dhaurahra
- Winner: Shamsher Bahadur (BSP)
- Votes received: 64,139
- Vote percentage: 30.54%
- Nearest rival: Yashpal Chowdhary (SP)
- Votes: 63,094
- Percentage: 30.04%
- Difference: 1,045
- Margin: 0.5%
- Total voters: 307,467
- Turnout: 210,043 (68.31%)
First election in Dhaurahra assembly constituency was held in 1957 after the "DPACO (1956)" (delimitation order) was passed in 1956.
Extant of Dhaurahra Assembly constituency is KCs Dhaurahra, Isanagar, Kattouli, PCs Dulhi, Jatpurwa, Lakhahi, Abhaypur, Devmaniya, Akathi, Kafara, Gurgutta Buzurg, Muri & Dihuwa Kalan of Ramiya Behar KC of Dhaurahra Tehsil.
2014 Lok Sabha result in Lakhimpur Kheri
Ajay Kumar (BJP) defeated Arvind Giri (BSP) by 110,274 votes and by a margin of 10.23%.
About Lakhimpur Kheri district
- Lakhimpur Kheri is the largest district in Uttar Pradesh on the border with Nepal and it is a part of Lucknow division (124 kilometres from Lucknow).
- Kheri Lok Sabha constituency comprises of 5 legislative assembly segments-- Gola Gokrannath, Lakhimpur, Nighasan, Palia and Sri Nagar.
- 2 Parliamentary Constituencies - Kheri, and Dhaurahra
- 8 Assembly Constituencies - Lakhimpur, Dhaurahara, Gola Gokarannath, Kasta, Mohammadi, Nighasan, Palia Kalan, Srinagar.
- 6 Tehsils - Lakhimpur, Mohammdi, Gola Gokarannath, Nighasan, Dhaurahra, Mitauli Palia Kalan
Major tourist attractions here are Dudhwa National Park, Naseeruddin Memorial Hall, Eidgah, Shiv Temple, Frog Temple, Sai Temple, Sharda Barrage and Deer Park.
- Bajaj Hindustan Limited (BHL) sugar plant in Gola Gokarannath and Bajaj Hindustaan Limited (BHL) sugar plant in Palia Kalan are two largest sugar mills in Asia.
- Some rivers that flow through Lakhimpur are are Sharda, Ghagra, Koriyala, Ull, Sarayan, Chauka, Gomti, Kathana, Sarayu and Mohana.
- Most people speak Awadhi language in this district. Lakhimpur Kheri Airport known as Palia Airport is situated near Dudhwa National Park at Palia Kalan.