Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Bilgram-Mallanwan(GEN)
- Constituency No. 159
- District: Hardoi
- Population: 25,292
- Overall Literacy: 50%
- Male literacy: 57%
- Female literacy: 42%
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Brijesh Kumar (BSP)
- Votes received: 64,768
- Nearest rival: Krishna Kumar Singh (SP)
- Votes : 57,440
- Difference: 7,328
- Margin: 7,328 (3.5%)
- Total voters: 3,30,129
- Turnout: 64.2%
Past records of Bilgram constituency
- In 2007, Uprenda Tiwari (BSP) defeated Vishram Singh Yadav(SP) with 12,469 votes.
- In 2002, Vishram Singh Yadav (SP) defeated Ganga Singh Chauhan (BSP) with 15,148 votes.
Past records of Mallannwan constituency
- In 2007, Krishna Kumar Singh (BSP) defeated Dharmagya Mishra (SP) with 8,118 votes
- In 2002, Krishana Kumar Singh (BSP) defeated Brijesh Pathak (INC) with 130 votes.