Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Bhagwantnagar (GEN)
- Constituency No. 166
- District: Unnao
- Population of the district: 3,110,595
- Overall Literacy: 68.29%
- Sex ratio: 901/1000
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Kuldeep Singh Sengar (SP)
- Votes received: 69,514
- Nearest rival: Poonam Shukla (BJP)
- Votes: 45,685
- Difference: 23,829
- Margin: 23,829 (11.5%)
- Total voters: 3,62,916
- Turnout: 57.2 %
Bhagwantnagar comprises of 5-Bighapur Tehsil; KCs 2-Harha (excluding Pop. Included in AC No. 165) & 3-Sikandarpur Karan of 3-Unnao Tehsil.
Lok Sabha constituency
- Bhagwantnagar Assembly seat falls under Unnao LS constituency
- Unnao comprises of six assembly segments. These are Bangermau, Safipur (SC), Mohan (SC), Unnao, Bhagwant Nagar and Purwa.
- In 2014 LS poll, BJP's Dr. Sachchidanand Hari Sakshi defeated SP's Arun Shankar Shukla from this seat.
Past results of Bhagwantnagar Assembly constituency
- In 2007, Kripa Shankar Singh (BSP) defeated Nattho Singh (SP) with 17,327 votes.
- In 2002, Natthu Singh (BSP) defeated Kripa Shanker Singh (BJP) with 23,477 votes.