Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Bangermau (GEN)
- Constituency No. 162
- District: Unnao
- Population of the district: 3,110,595
- Overall Literacy: 68.29%
- Sex ratio: 901/1000
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Badlu Khan (SP)
- Votes received: 55,528
- Nearest rival: Mohd. Irshad Khan (BSP)
- Votes: 48,733
- Difference: 6,795
- Margin: 6,795 (3.8%)
- Total voters: 2,96,335
- Turnout: 60.1%
Bangermau comprises of KCs 3-Bangermau, 4-Ganjmuradabad, 5-Fatehpur Chaurasi, PCs 2-Udshah, 6-Saita, 7-Gondari, 8-Mustafabad, 9-Roori Sadikpur, 10-Atardhani, 12-Sadipur, 13-Argupur of 2-Kursat KC, Bangermau MB, Kursath NP, Ganjmuradabad NP, Fatehpur Chaurasi NP & Ugu NP of 1-Safipur Tehsil].
Lok Sabha constituency
- Assembly seat comes under Unnao LS seat.
- Unnao constituency comprises of six assembly segments. These are Bangermau, Safipur (SC), Mohan (SC), Unnao, Bhagwant Nagar and Purwa.
- In 2014 LS poll, BJP's Dr. Sachchidanand Hari Sakshi defeated SP's Arun Shankar Shukla from this seat.
Past results of Bangermau Assembly seat
- In 2007 State poll, Kuldeep Singh Sengar (SP) defeated Ram Shankar Pal (BSP) with 2,133 votes.
- In 2002, Ram Shanker (BSP) defeated Ashok Kumar Singh with 5,698 votes.