Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early next year. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats. In order to form the government, a party or alliance has to win 202 seats.
Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats in the last state elections in 2012 and got decisive majority. OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Also read: Know UP Constituencies
Constituency Name: Shahganj
[Comprises KCs 1-Khutahan, 2-Sarpatahan, 3-Sarai Mohiuddinpur, 4-Kasba
& Shahganj MB of 1-Shahganj Tehsil]
Constituency No- 365
About Jaunpur: Jaunpur is divided into nine assembly constituencies -Badlapur, Jaunpur, Kerakat, Machhlishahr, Malhani, Mariyahu, Mungra Badshahpur, Shahganj and Zafrabad.
- District Area: 4,038 square kilometres
- District population: 44,94,204
- District literacy: 60.8%
2012 Assembly election result for Shahganj
- Winner: Shailendra Yadav 'Lalalee'
- Winning Party: Samajwadi Party
- Votes received: 74,486
- Runner Up: Dharmraj Nishad
- Runner up party: BSP
- Runner up votes: 64,263
- Total votes: 1,96,073
- Margin: 10,223
- Margin %: 5.23
- Turnout %: 58.35
Census data for Jaunpur
- Total area: 4,038 square kilometer
- Total population: 44,94,204 out of which 22,20,465 are males and 22,73,739 are females.