Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early next year. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats. In order to form the government, a party or alliance has to win 202 seats.
Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats in the last state elections in 2012 and got decisive majority. Oneindia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Badlapur
[Comprises 2-Badlapur Tehsil]
Constituency No- 364
About Jaunpur: Jaunpur is a district in the Varanasi division. It divided into nine assembly constituencies -Badlapur, Jaunpur, Kerakat, Machhlishahr, Malhani, Mariyahu, Mungra Badshahpur, Shahganj and Zafrabad.
- District Area: 4,038 square kilometres
- District population: 44,94,204
- District literacy: 60.8%
2012 Assembly election result in Badlapur
- Winner: Om Prakash 'Baba' Dubey
- Winning Party: Samajwadi Party
- Votes received: 65,278
- Runner Up: Lalji Yadav
- Runner up party: BSP
- Runner up votes: 49,085
- Total votes: 1,76, 236
- Margin: 16,193
- Margin %: 9.19
- Turnout %: 55.49
Census data for Jaunpur
- Total area: 4,038 square kilometer
- Total population: 44,94,204 out of which 22,20,465 are males and 22,73,739 are females.