Keeping passengers' interest in mind, these days Indian Railway is taking a lot of good initiatives. Such facilities are just a click away for commuters.
Indian Railway also gives passengers a facility to book whole coach if one wants to have some privacy. Not only that, people can even book complete train at times. This facility is known as Full Tariff Rate or FTR.
Here is your complete guide for how to book full coach or whole train.
- Coach Booking: One can book maximum 10 coaches in a single train in one tour programme.
- Train Booking: People can book maximum 24 coaches.
- Under FTR, one can also do online booking of goods trains.
- Online booking of FTR is on pilot basis. Currently the booking facility is available in Western Railway only.
How to do online booking
- One have to do registration to avail this facility. Registration can be done maximum 6 months in advance and minimum 30 days prior to the journey date.
- Interested party will have to submit all details including booking type, journey details of coaches, and route.
Generate FTR number
- After submission of the request, one will get a reference number. Party will also be told to pay registration amount to avail the facility.
- One will have to submit registration amount within six days of booking to get an FTR Reference number.
- After 6 days, FTR Reference Number will not be considered valid and party will have to do whole process again to book whole coach or full train.
How much money one will have to pay for this facility?
- One will have to pay Rs. 50, 000 for booking a coach up to 7 days of tour journey period.
- After 7 days, additional Rs. 10, 000/- per day/per coach will have to be paid.
- For booking 18 coaches, party will have to pay Rs 9 lakh for 7 days of tour journey.
- After 7 days one will have to pay an additional Rs. 10, 000/- per day per coach.
Booking can also be done from unreserved counter
- Apart from online booking, one can book FTR ticket from unreserved couter also.
- Commuters will have to give written application form either to Chief passenger Transportation Manager (CPTM) or station master in this regard.
- After the acceptance of the application form, one will have to submit registration fee to get FTR number.
Cancellation and refund process
- Booking can be cancelled either by party or by Railway.
- In case of such situation, refund will be processed as per existing manual process through Chief Commercial Manager (PM) of the concerned Railway.