Each and every employee of a company deposits a part of their monthly income into PF account. Over a period of time, this amount grows to a big total.
Though, Employees' Provident Fund Organisation(EPFO) gives employees an easy option to check PF balance, yet many of us find it a difficult task.
Here are the steps one need to follow to check one's hard earned money. It will take only 5 minutes to follow whole steps.
- Note down your PF account, UAN number. Both will be written at the top of your salary slip.
- Open EPFO official website http://www.epfindia.gov.in
- On homepage, you will find a section named Services. Click UAN member e-Sewa of this section.
- When one will click UAN member e-Sewa, one gets a Login option at the right hand side of the page
- Fill your UAN number and password in it.
- When one will fill the password, a new page will open. On top of the page you will see download option.
- Click download option you will again get two options-one to get UAN card and other to get passbook
- Click passbook option, you will get message saying that passbook will be available on this page within 48 to 72 hour.
- Within the given time, login again and download the passbook.
- In the passbook, you will get your current PF balance.
How to activate your UAN number
- If your UAN number is not active, then you will have to click activate UAN option at the bottom.
- You will have to submit your UAN number, mobile number, state name and regional office code in the option.
- Your UAN number will get active.