The UK is home to ethnic Indian population of over 1.6 million. Prime Minister David Cameron described Indian - British relations as the "New Special Relationship" in 2010. Below are facts need to know about India-UK relations.
- UK is India's largest G20 investor.
- UK was a partner country at Vibrant Gujarat 2015.
- In 2014 the UK invested $3.2 billon in India, more than any other G20 country and more than Japan ($1.7 billion) and the US (just under $1 billion), who were ranked 2 and 3 respectively, combined.
- India is one of the biggest investors in the UK and invests more in the UK than it invests in the rest of Europe combined.
- Despite a slowdown in both UK and Indian economies, bilateral trade grew by almost 50% from ~£11 billion to ~£16.5 billio from 2008 to 2013.
- According to Thomson Reuters' India M&A review for FY 2014, the UK is currently the top investor in Indian companies in terms of value of M&A activity, investing US$2.9 billion in 23 announced deals, and accounting for 25.3% of India's inbound activity during 2014.
OneIndia News (With inputs from various sources)