Reports suggest that the university's teachers will soon come out with a 'White Paper' and a charge sheet to reveal all the financial and academic irregularities in the system during his stint at the university.
As per an India Today report, "The Delhi University Teachers' Association (DUTA), an elected body of the university, will release the 'White Paper' against Singh next week. And if that was not enough, another group of teachers under the banner of National Democratic Teachers' Front (NDTF) is preparing a 'charge sheet' against Singh; it will be made public in two weeks."
The University's teaching community has been criticising Singh for long and call him ‘authoritarian' and ‘megalomaniac'. Here are the allegations which the DUTA and NDTF are alleging against Dinesh Singh, the DU vice-chancellor:
What will DUTA's white paper include:
- The issue of diversion of over Rs 170 crore to buy laptops and few other things.
- Singh spent money from funds meant for development of teaching in departments on 'Antardhwani' - an annual cultural festival conceptualised and started by the V-C in 2011. Allegations of diverting maintenance funds to hire a whole train for what was called 'Gyanodaya Express' will also figure in the 'White Paper,' says the India Today report.
- Teachers and professors who spoke against the professor were victimised.
- Appointing teachers in the University by violating DU ordinances.
- Introduction and rollback of FYUP
What NDTF charge sheet will include:
- Nearly 170 crore was diverted from OBC funds without any approval to buy nearly 50,000 laptops for FYUP students.
- Irregularities in giving contracts for construction of buildings in the University.
- Creation of new positions, like V-C Fellows and Deputy Dean of Students' Welfare, and nearly 40 such positions without any approval from any council or body.
- Revoking suspension of Ambedkar College Principal, GK Arora. Pavitra Bhardwaj - the former DU lab technician committed suicide after making allegations of sexual harassment against the principal.
The man who was the brains behind the FYUP faced lots of controversy forcing him to roll it back following the criticism. Because of all this students had to bear the brunt but Singh's landing into yet another storm with the teachers should not affect the students further.