There are a number of unusual polling stations have been set in Britain for the election this year. Below are the list of peculiar polling stations in Britain.
- School Bus: A polling station has been set up in school bus.
- Laundrette: One of the polling stations was set up in a laundrette in Oxford. The Ace Launderette at Girdlestone Road in Oxford has opened its doors to voters this year.
- Football ground: The world's oldest football ground - Sandygate, home to Hallam Football Club in Sheffield - is also a polling station.
- Cricket Club pavilion: Poling station has also been set up cricket club pavilion and in rugby club also.
- In the picturesque Essex village of Little Bardfield, votes will be cast at the cricket club pavilion while in Brixham, in Torbay, the local rugby club will be in service.
- Another polling stations have been set up at inside East Hull Boxing Club, the Victoria Park Bowling Club Hut in Bradford and the Swerve Table Tennis Centre in Middlesbrough.
- In Hull, two hair salons - Ush-Hair and Hair by Kayleigh have been be turned into polling stations.
- Dining room: Dining room of a three-bedroom cottage in Lanehead, Rochdale, which for the last 40 years has been used for election.
- Sheffield in South Yorkshire got a community bus out in the Darnall area of the city while the London borough of Wandsworth has a specially kitted-out election.
- Torquay Museum is also serving as polling station.
- In London, voters can cast their vote at Royal Geographical Society and The Hellenic Centre.
OneIndia News (With inputs from BBC)
Story first published: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 13:37 [IST]