The discussions between the two leaders will cover a wide range of issues including security and defence, with special focus on boosting trade ties.
Here are some facts you need to know about it
- India and Germany have a 'Strategic Partnership' since 2001.
- Germany and India cooperate closely on the issue of UNSC expansion within the framework of G-4.
- India-Germany Defence Cooperation Agreement (2006) provides a framework for bilateral defence cooperation.
- Germany is India's largest trading partner in Europe.
- Germany has consistently been among India's top ten global trade partners.
- Bilateral trade between India and Germany in 2014 was valued at €15.96 billion.
- Indian investments in Germany have also shown a remarkable increase in the last few years. Indian corporate entities have invested over US$ 6 billion in Germany.
- There are more than 200 Indian companies operating in Germany. Sectors of IT, automotive, pharma and biotech have received a chunk of Indian Investments.
- Approximately 10,000 Indian students are pursuing various courses in Germany, while around 800 German students are studying or doing their internships in India.