PM Modi met Li in Beijing's Great Hall of the People, after which he will visit the economic powerhouse of Shanghai to meet business leaders.
Here is the list of key agreements signed in the presence of PM Modi and his Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang:
- An action plan between the Indian Railways and China National Railways on enhancing cooperation in the railway sector.
- Protocol for setting up Consulates-General at Chengdu and Chennai to grow mutual confidence and expand relations.
- MoU on education exchange programme and 'Space Cooperation Outline'.
- Setting up of China-India think tanks.
- MoU on maritime cooperation and ocean sciences.
- Four agreements on sister-state and sister city relations between Karnataka and Sichuan province; Chennai and Chongqing; Hyderabad and Qingdao; and Aurangabad and Dunhuang.
- Setting up a Mahatma Gandhi skill centre in Ahmedabad.
- Broadcast tie-up for Doordarshan and China's state-run CCTV.
- Agreements on education exchange programme.
- Agreements on mining and minerals, skill development, tourism and vocational education.
- MoU between Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) and Yunnan Minzu University.
- MoUs with Fudan University were signed on the establishment of a Yoga college and centre for Gandhian and Indian studies.
- Cooperation between China's Development Research Centre and India's Niti Aayog.
- MoU on consultative mechanism for cooperation in trade negotiations between India and China.
- Cooperation between External Affairs Ministry of India and Communist Party of China.