Dehradun, July 27: The Uttarakhand state government has sent a report on the Chinese incursions along the Barahoti stretch has been sent to the union government.
Earlier the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand confirmed that Chinese troops had been spotted in the area while adding that this is a matter of serious concern. He also said that the state has asked the centre to increase vigil.
The centre meanwhile has asked the Indo-Tibetan Border Police which mans the China-Indian border to look into the matter and submit a report. Rawat said that the movements were noticed when officials had gone to measure the revenue.
He however also added that the troops had not touched upon an important canal in the area.
Chinese troops were noticed when a team of officials went up to the Line of Actual Control near Barahoti. The Chinese soldiers appeared and signalled to the Indian team to go back. The Chinese were also said to have told the Indian team that the land there belonged to them.
The bone of contention is the 80 sq-km ground which has been a disputed part since the year 1957. Both countries had agreed to sort out the issue through negotiations.
In 1958 China had sent a delegation to India for negotiations and it had been decided that both sides will not send troops into the area. A final settlement is still awaited in this regard. However shepherds from both sides are allowed to enter the ground.
The ITBP too had sent a report to the home ministry about these issues as this is not the first time that such occurrences have taken place. At a Chief Minister's conference it was stated that the Chinese had entered this territory at least 37 times between 2007 and 2012.