Chennai, March 5: A pre-poll survey conducted by CVoter for India TV has predicted the ruling AIADMK to win more seats than the rival DMK in the May 16 Assembly elections in Tamil Nadu. However, it has also been predicted that the party may fall two seats short of the majority mark of 118 in the 234-seat Assembly while the DMK's seat tally will get a big boost compared to the 2011 polls.
Findings of the Tamil Nadu pre-poll survey:
- The AIADMK may get 116 seats, 87 less than its tally of 203 in the 2011 polls.
- The DMK may win 101 seats, 70 more than their 2011 tally of 31.
- The BJP is projected to win no seat while 'Others', including the DMDK, PMK and PWF, can bag 17.
- The AIADMK's vote share may fall to 41.1 percent from 51.9 per cent garnered in 2011.
- The DMK-led alliance's vote-share may be around 40 per cent.
- The BJP's vote-share is likely to increase from 2.2 to five per cent.