On Sept 7, Apple is expected to introduce its highly anticipated iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus. Even before the launch, several features of the new smartphone have been leaked, sending several people into a tizzy.
Tidbits from analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities, who issued a research note on Saturday, reveal the following about Apple's latest offering:
- iPhone 7 will come in storage capacities of 32 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB replacing the 16GB, 64 GB and the 128 GB capacities.
- Camera flash on the new handset will be upgraded with four LEDs of which two will be in cool colours and two will be in warm colours.
- It will have True Tone displays similar to the iPad Pro range with laser based proximity sensors.
- iPhone 7 will also come with an ambient light sensor that will improve image quality specially in low-light situation.
- 3.5 mm headjack will be removed in the new iPhone and the space will be used for a second speaker with an audio amplifier.
- Lightning earpods and a Lightning headphone adaptor will also be included in the box.
- 2GB RAM for iPhone 7, 3GB RAM for iPhone 7 Plus
- Antennas will be removed from the back to give it a sleek look.
- Though there are reports that the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available in five colours, several reports suggest that they will be available in only two colours-dark black and glossy piano black.
- iPhone 7 will be powered by Apple's new A10 chip (manufactured by TSMC) offering a maximum clock speed of 2.4 GHz.
- The new iPhones will have a dual-lens camera system- one wide angle and one telephoto.
- Both the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus will be water proof.
More such details and features of the news iPhone 7 and iPhone Plus will be revealed when Apple will hold a media presentation at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, California on Sept 7.