Here are seven facts about Harshvardhan that you must know:
1. Dr Harshvardhan is serving as an MLA of Delhi from the Krishna Nagar Vidhan Sabha constituency since 1993.
2. He is an Otolaryngologist also known as ENT by profession. During the BJP government in Delhi he served as the Health Minister, Law Minister and Education Minister.
3. He has never lost an election to the Vidhan Sabha.
4. While he was the State's Health Minister, he launched Polio Eradication Plan, which was adopted across the nation by the Government of India.
5. He was re-elected in 1993 and 2003 respectively. He won from the same seat defeating Indian National Congress' councilor Deepika Khullar.
6. He has been awarded with the IMA President's Special Awardin 1994, Director- General's Polio Eradication Champion Award, Commendation Medal by WHO in 1998, Polio Eradication Award by Rotary International in 2001, and Doctor of the last decade by IMA.
7. Harshvardhan has been a member of RSS since childhood.