New Year celebrations only till 1 am, says Bengaluru Police in the wake of blast

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Bengaluru, Dec 29: Bengaluru Police has asked for winding up the New Year celebrations by 1 am in the wake of the low-intensity blast on Sunday evening that killed one person. City Police Commissioner MN Reddi informed this on Monday as a measure for enhanced security. [Follow updates on post-blast developments]

A low-intensity blast took place outside the Coconut Grove Restaurant on Church Street on the year's last weekend. One woman who came to Bengaluru from Tamil Nadu to spend holiday was seriously injured in the blast and she later died in Mallya Hospital in the city.

NY celebrations till 1 am: B'luru cops

Police suspect that the bomb was made on the outskirts of the city and planted at the spot with a timer. The police believe that the suspects might not have gone too far and sent teams to Kolar and Tumakuru besides Chennai. The primary attention is on Al-Ummah which had carried out the blast outside the BJP office in Malleshwaram on April 17 last year.

Lead investigator and Additional Commissioner of Police Alok Kumar said that teams are being sent to various states to collect information. He said all angles were being explored and details are being collected by the forensics team as well.

"We are also analysing the CCTV footage for more clues," he said, adding, "It may take a while more to get the correct picture but we are on the job and are hopeful of cracking the case soon. There was intelligence alert but nothing specific."

Oneindia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...