Bengaluru: Man loses life due to doctor's negligence, wife to take action against hospital

Posted By:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Bengaluru, July 8: Doctors are said to be the avatars of God, who relentlessly make efforts to save their patients' lives.

But unfortunately, for Pallavi Panda Mishra, a doctor became the prime reason for losing her husband forever. Heartbroken Pallavi on Tuesday, July 7, shared her ordeal at the social networking website, Facebook.

Girish, Pallavi's husband who lost his life

In her social media post, Pallavi narrated how a doctor's negligence and failure to detect the disease, claimed her husband, Girish's life, leaving behind her and their six-month old baby.

Girish has lost his life, but to ensure that Pallavi gets justice for her husband's untimely demise, we are publishing Pallavi's post.

In a hope that noone suffers like her husband, Pallavi shared the heart-wrenching post. Here is the full text of Pallavi's nightmare:

"Few days back, we were a happy family with ambition and future plans for our upcoming life.
But who knew life threatening danger was waiting on our way to shatter my family.

My Husband Girish had a heart blockage which we never knew until the last day of his life just because the doctor could not find it.

On Saturday, June 13, after having lunch he was playing with our 6 month old baby and suddenly, he started vomiting, then he complained of stretching of throat and jaw muscle, breathing problem and little pain in heart.

As we stay in BTM, Bengaluru, the nearest hospital was Gangothri hospital, so I took him there. Attendant doctor checked him and asked us to do an ECG and blood test.

Both were done immediately. Then they admitted him and gave saline and few medicines. The main doctor of hospital Dr K N N Pai came for rounds and checked him and said this is nothing but dehydration and throat infection he will be alright soon.

I have no idea that whether he had checked the ECG report or not. That night, we stayed in the hospital.

Till then, Girish was telling he was not filling comfortable as his arms are paining and he is not able to breathe properly.

I asked the attendant doctor about the ECG and blood report.

He said, "everything seems normal". He gave him pain killer and sleeping tablets and told him 'you will be alright, just try to sleep'.

The next day morning 10 am Dr K N N Pai again visited and checked Girish and asked how he is feeling. Girish told he is little better as he took the pain killer medicines.

Doctor said today (June 14) they will discharge him and advised him to take rest at home for 2 to 3 days as he will feel better. They gave some antibiotics and pain killer tablets and discharged him.

On Sunday, June, 14, at 2 pm we came home. After we came home, Girish suffered from fever and complaint of breathing problem.

On Wednesday, June 17 evening, I again took him to the same hospital to check why his fever is not coming down. For our surprise Dr K N N Pai refused to check him, as we didn't have appointment.

I requested them that it's urgent as my husband was admitted here only.

They said, 'we can check with other doctors if we want'. So, we checked with the general physician there and showed the previous reports. Still they could not find what the problem with Girish is and asked us to do a blood test. Test was done in 1 hour and it showed some infection.

Till that time the doctor (Dr Rakhi) was gone and other general doctor came (attendant doctor on 13th June night) saw the blood report and told it's nothing but throat infection and wrote high power antibiotics and sleeping tablets.

I gave him those medicines after dinner but that night Girish could not sleep even for a second.

Next day morning, on Thursday, June 18, I took him to a private clinic in Indira Nagar with the help of my brother. There, the doctor was shocked to see the ECG report taken on 13th June and asked us why nobody has not seen this ECG report before. It was clearly mentioned there that Girish got his first attack that day.

We were dumb stuck with his words. Dr immediately referred us to go to Chinmaya Mission Hospital (CMH) and get him admitted. In CMH, the doctors told it's too delayed but still we will try our best and they did angioplasty same day.

After 2 hours of operation, Girish was fine but suddenly his condition got worst.

Doctor called us and told chances of his survival is 1% only god can help him.

On June 18, at 11 pm night, Girish left this world leaving us alone.

The heart blockage was 100%, so blood flow to few area was totally blocked and the cells were died off in that area.

As a result, after clearance of the blockage also, the cells could not accept the blood and his heart ruptured.

If the doctors would have noticed the ECG report the same day of attack, Girish would have survived."

Pallavi urged people, "Whenever any of your near and dear ones complain of breathing problem, jaw and throat muscle stretch and arms pain, then, immediately check with cardiology specialist without any delay. Because it's a sign of heart attack."

To get justice, Pallavi wrote, "I am going to put a case on Gangothri hospital for a such a negligence act. But in the meantime, I want everybody to spread this massage as much as possible so that no one else should suffer like me in future.

"Many people already asked if he had any BAD HABITS.. want to clarify right away.. NO he didn't have ANY bad habits", Pallavi concluded.

[Click to read her Post]

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...