Bengaluru, May 16: Citizens generally find it a cumbersome task to approach police, when they need to report any complaint. In a citizen-friendly move, Bengaluru police has launched a novel initiative of launching WhatsApp numbers so that people do not hesitate in reporting their grievances.
So, now onwards if you want to report any law and order situation in Bengaluru, then utilise the facility to avert any crime and for the welfare of the IT city.
Ten WhatsApp numbers have been launched and they will be accessed by ten Deputy Commissioners of the city.
The DCPs will check the WhatsApp messages and send police personnel to the spot to attend the complaints, a report said.
Here are the newly launched WhatsApp numbers:
- Central Division- 9480801100
- North Division- 9480801300
- East Division- 9480801200
- West Division- 9480801700
- South Division- 9480801500
- North East Division-9480801400
- South East Division- 9480801600
- Traffic East Division- 9480801800
- Traffic West Division- 9480801900
- CAR Division- 9480801111
In an attempt to monitor crime-related incidents and to provide information to zitizens, Bengaluru police has been active on social networking sites Facebook and Twitter.