Bengaluru: Fire breaks out in Hotel Chancery Pavilion, none injured

Bengaluru, Apr 12: A fire broke out in the basement of a five-star hotel at Residency road in Bengaluru, on Monday, April 11, causing panic among the staff and guests before it was put out, fire department officials said.

"The fire has been doused, but smoke still persists. Things are under control," an official said on the incident at Hotel Chancery Pavilion.

The Chancery Pavilion

No casualty has been reported in the incident that came to light when some hotel staff saw smoke emanating from the basement, the official said.

The guests were evacuated from the building after the staff raised alarm about the fire.

Seven fire tenders rushed to the spot. Fire officials suspect electrical short circuit to be the cause for the fire. 

OneIndia News

(With PTI inputs)

Please Wait while comments are loading...