Senior IAS officer TM Vijay Bhaskar and BBMP Administrator on Friday, Aug 21, shared a crucial information for voters on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
He tweeted, "Dear Bengalurians, you can search your name on the Electoral Roll for BBMP elections by your mobile phones."
To find your name in Electoral Roll, Type EPIC space and send an SMS at 8861866993.
Elector Photo Identity Card (EPIC) Number will be mentioned on your voter id cards.
According to BBMP website, in case, if voters do not have EPIC number, then they can show alternate documents as proof of identity to cast their votes. Following documents can be shown:
2) Driving License
3) Income Tax Identity (PAN) Cards
4) Service Identity Cards with photograph issued to its employees by State/Central
Government, Public Sector/undertakings or Public Limited Companies.
5) Passbooks with photographs issued by Public Sector Banks/Post Office and Kisan
6) Student Identity Card with photograph issued by Recognized Educational Institutions
7) Property documents with Photograph such a pattas, Registered Deeds, etc.
8) Ration Card with Photograph issued
9) SC/ST/OBC Certificates with photograph issued by competent authority
10) Pension Document with photograph such as ex-servicemen's Pension
Book/Pension Payment Order, ex-servicemen's Widow/Dependent Certificates, Oldage
Pension Order, Widow Pension Order with photograph
11) Freedom Fighter Identity Card with photograph.
12) Arms License with photograph, issued
13) Certificate of Physical Handicap with photograph issued by competent authority
14) Ex-servicemen CSD Canteen card with photograph.
15) Sandhya Suraksha Scheme Card with photograph issued
16) Job Card with photograph issued under the National Rural Employment
17) Yashaswini Card with photograph issued
18) The service identity cards with photographs issued by the local bodies namely
Municipal Corporation, City Municipal Council, Town Municipal Council, Village
19) Senior Citizen Cards bearing photographs of the holder of the card, issued by the
20) Temporary or permanent Ration card which including Family members details with
photographs issued by Government of Karnataka
21) Health Insurance Scheme smart card, with photograph (Minisrty of Labour
22) Aadhaar Card issued
"Polling will be conducted in 6,463 booths spread over 197 wards across the city from 7 am to 5 pm on Saturday and re-polling, if any, on August 24, while counting of votes will be on August 25," Karnataka state election commissioner P.N. Srinivasachari said.
A total of 9,310 EVMs and 11,635 ballot units will be used for the exercise.
"Around 7.4 million (73,88,526) voters are registered to exercise franchise for electing their corporators from 197 wards," the commissioner said. Police has identified 1,700 polling booths as highly sensitive and 1,900 as sensitive.