In a desperate attempt to please the Prime Minister, Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) pulled up its socks a day before Modi's visit and made sure that all the potholes on the Peenya-Old Airport road stretch were covered.
The BBMP made sure that its workers stayed up till late covering the potholes on the stretch where the PM's convoy is supposed to pass. According to reports, Mayor N Shanta Kumari made sure that the potholes were covered, the garbage was cleared and the roads were asphalted, even if it meant that the workers had to be up all night.
Modi will be landing at the HAL airport at 6 pm in the evening and is then expected to spend the evening in Raj Bhavan. He will be visiting the ISTRAC lab in Peenya on Wednesday to monitor Mangalyaan's entry into the red planet's orbit.
Modi will then head to Tumkur to inaugurate a food park. 20,000 people, including Congress and BJP workers, are expected at Vasanthanarasapur.
Here is Narendra Modi's schedule for the next two days:
Sept 23 Tuesday
* Departure from New Delhi - 3 pm
* Arrival at HAL airport - 5.40 pm
* Felicitation, address to party workers - 6 pm
Sept 24 Wednesday
* ISRO telemetry: 6.45am - 9.10am
* Siddaganga Mutt: 10.05am - 10.25am
* Function at Vasanthanarasapur: 11.10am - 12.10pm
* Lunch, departure from HAL airport: 1pm
People on ground
* 20,000 people, including Congress and BJP workers, expected at Vasanthanarasapur
* 3,000 security passes to be issued by BJP for Modi's felicitation at HAL airport
* 15,000 people expected at airport
* 16,000 cops will man roads
* PM's entourage of SPG team, private secretary Sanjeev Singla, OSDs put up at Leela Palace, Royal Orchid, Hotel Capitol and Raj Bhavan
* Bullet-proof cars to be used for PM
* BBMP officials hold meeting, inspect roads PM may take, to ensure cleanliness; to check streetlights