Police Commissioner says no juvenile amongst accused

Mumbai, Aug 26: The Mumbai Police on Monday announced that in the Mumbai gangrape case, their first priority will be to gather all the evidence and file a chargesheet at the earliest.

Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh, while addressing press reporters, said that the phone, on which the heinous crime had been recorded by the accused was in the custody of the police.However some reports suggested that the pictures were deleted from the phone.

Mumbai: No juvenile among the accused
The phone was allegedly sold by the accused to earn some cash, but the police department recovered it later. The accused had clicked pictures of the incident, on his phone with the intention of blackmailing the victim.

He also showed her a few clips of his previous victims, whom he had raped, and threatened the victim of dire consequences if she went to the police.

Singh also said that none of the accused is a juvenile, as claimed by their family members and a chargesheet will be filed as soon as possible. Singh also said that the gangrape was not a pre-meditated crime. 

Celebrities show support

Journalists and Bollywood celebrities showed their support on Thursday evening as they staged a silent protest from Joggers Park to Amphitheatre Carter Road. Many celebrities like Sonam Kapoor, Dalip Tahil, Karanveer Bohra along with his wife, singer Sona Mohapatra and others joined the rally.

Sonam Kapoor expressed shocked and said:"I am really shocked and taken aback with the recent shameful incident that took place in Mumbai. A sheer act of cowardice."

Many other actors expressed their grief and demanded strict punishment for the accused.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...