Mumbai gangrape: Fourth accused arrested

Mumbai, Aug 25: In a swift turn of events in the past 3 days, the Mumbai police has been able to nab the fourth accused in the Mumbai gangrape case. This is the third such arrest made by the crime branch in the case.

A massive man hunt was launched after the incident and the first arrest had been made on Friday. He confessed to his crime and also named the four accused. The second accused was arrested from a video parlour on Friday night and the third was nabbed on Saturday.


Recounting the horror

The photojournalist is not bogged down by the incident. Maintaining her high spirits, she says she wants the harshest of punishments for the rapists. However, she is still not out of trauma and recounts the entire incident. In a letter to the police, she describes how she and her colleague were directed to the mill by the miscreants where she was sent for an assignment.

She tells how they were pinned, her colleagure beaten brutally and tied to the tree and she was raped. One of the accused also said she was responsible for a story on a murder that had happened there.

During an altercation with the rapists, she had received calls from her mother and her office, but was not allowed to take them. After they were done with the crime, they left the duo there asking them not to move from there or inform the police. They were even threatened by them with a beer bottle.

When they left, the girl, with the help of her colleague left the compound and called her mother to recount the entire incident. Then both of them got admitted to the Jaslok Hospital.

Please Wait while comments are loading...