Police: Second accused in the Mumbai gangrape confesses

Mumbai, Aug 24: A day after the first accused was arrested in the Mumbai gangrape of a 22-year-old photojournalist, the Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh confirmed that second accused, whom they had earlier arrested, confessed to the crime and his involvement in the same.

The police officials also added  that the second accused admitted to have committed the crime. He narrated and told us what had happened and his description of the incident matches with what the victim has told us."The probe is heading in the right direction and we hope to nab all the other absconding accused soon," Singh said.

Mumbai: Second accused confesses
While the hunt is on for the other three accused, the police commissioner on Saturday afternoon told reporters that the remaining accused may have escaped out of Mumbai in order to avoid the arrest but the hunt is still on to nab these culprits.

Meanwhile the first accused has been sent to police custody till August 30.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...