Sources said that no causalities reported and the 115 students, who had consumed the food, were kept under observation for over three hours and later got discharged.
Meanwhile the district collector Darez Ahamed rushed to the hospital and inquired about the incident and the health condition of the admitted students.
He also suspended the midday meal organiser and the cook from the school for carelessness.
Sources informed that the noon meal was prepared for as many as 203 students. However, when the food was being served to the students, the staff found a lizard in the meal and alerted the school administration.
The information triggered panic among the students and the administration. As 115 students were consuming the food, the administration stopped them mid-way and rushed them to Ariyalur Government Hospital.
"All the students except one who were discharged. A three-year-old boy was kept under observation for fluid loss" Health Department sources said.
(With agency inputs)