Mumbai, Aug 20: The Tata Crucible Business Quiz 2013 is set to kick off from Coimbatore on August 22 and will be held at a record 25 cities in India; with 4 new cities - Navi Mumbai, Jaipur, Raipur and Guwahati added this year. It had begun in just 9 cities in 2004.
This year, the Tata Crucible Business Quiz will introduce zonal finals, i.e., top two teams from each zone to compete for the national trophy.
Winners of the regional rounds will compete in 4 zonal finals in the respective zones. The top two winning teams from each zonal final will participate in the national finals in Mumbai on October 13.
The national winning team will receive Rs 7 lakh along with a Tata Nano for each of the national champions as the prize while Rs 2 lakh from the prize will be given to a charitable trust of the national winner's choice.
The regional winners and runner-ups will receive increased prizes of Rs 1 lakh and Rs 50,000, respectively.
This year, Tata Crucible Business Quiz completes a decade of intelligent, enriching and entertaining quizzing!
Announcing the initiative this year, Atul Agrawal, Vice President, Group Corporate Affairs and Media, Tata Services said: "It is a year of great pride and pleasure as Tata Crucible Business Quiz completes 10 prestigious years, growing from nine cities to now reaching 25 different cities. Having grown into India's most awaited corporate quiz where the sharpest minds compete with each other showcasing their talents, it has been our endeavor to continuously bring enriching and entertaining content to contestants, viewers and aficionados. We also hope that the addition of a charitable component this year will promote the culture of giving amongst the participants."
Starting from Coimbatore, the quiz will move on to other cities that include Ahmedabad (24-Aug-13), Pune (25-Aug-13), Nagpur (29-Aug-13), Indore (30-Aug-13), Hyderabad (31-Aug-13) , Vizag (01-Sep-13), Bhubaneswar (05-Sep-13), Chennai (07-Sep-13), Thiruvananthapuram (8-Sep-13), Kochi (9-Sep-13), Chandigarh (12-Sep-13), Gurgaon (14-Sep-13), Lucknow (15-Sep-13), Raipur (17-Sep-13), Navi Mumbai (18-Sep-13), Guwahati(19-S ep-13), Ranchi (21-Sep-13),Kolkata (22-Sep-13), Goa (25-Sep-13), Bangalore (28-Sep-13), Mumbai (29-Sep-13), Jaipur(05-Oct-13), Delhi (06-Oct-13) and Jamshedpur (10-Oct-13).
Ace quizmaster Giri Balasubramaniam aka ‘Pickbrain' will conduct the quiz.
Another exciting feature to be launched soon is a special Android mobile application called as "Brain Box." It is a quiz based application on the lines of Tata Crucible Business Quiz.
The prizes for Tata Crucible Business Quiz this year are being co-supported by Tata Docomo, Titan and Tata Nano.
About Tata Crucible Business Quiz:
'Tata Crucible - The Business Quiz' seeks to bring together the sharpest young minds to take on the heat of the country's largest business quiz. Youth is a key audience cluster which the Tata Group is focusing its communication at and Tata Crucible is a key knowledge initiative towards this engagement.
Since 2004, the quiz contest has now become an eagerly anticipated annual event. In a commissioned research amongst the participants, Tata Crucible Quiz has been judged the highest rated ground quiz. The Tata Crucible Business Quiz is a team-based contest (2 participants per team) and is held separately for employees of Tata companies and Non-Tata Corporates.
Tata Crucible Business Quiz Rules:
1. There is NO ENTRY FEE.
2. Each team would comprise of two members from the same organization.
3. Team composition cannot change once the prelim has been taken.
4. ANY NUMBER of TEAMS from the same organization can take part in the quiz.
5. Teams can represent their companies from their current city of work only.
6. If a team is from a city where the event is not being held, then the closest city (by geographic distance) would be the location of participation.
Tata Crucible Business Quiz Format:
1. The participating teams will go through a preliminary written elimination round at a common venue.
2. The top four teams from the written prelims will qualify for the regional stage rounds.
3. If there are large numbers of teams participating, 2 more teams will be selected from one or two wild card
rounds. The rules for this will be explained by the quizmaster at each venue. In all, six teams will make it to the regional finals.
4. The top six teams from the written prelims will qualify for the regional stage rounds.
5. Starting this year, the regional winners from each of the cities will participate in the Zonal Finals in their respective zones. The top two teams from each Zonal Final will participate in the National Finals to be held in Mumbai.