Patna, Aug 8: At least 15 children and a teacher fell ill after taking their mid-day meal in Bihar's Nalanda district Wednesday and they are out of danger now, officials said.
The incident took place in the government primary school in Tarari village.
"All the affected children were admitted to government hospital and were out of danger," said a district official.
The children were served rice, pulses and 'chokha' in the meal.
"Soon after they ate the food, some children complained of vomiting and pain in stomach," an official said. They were taken to the hospital.
On hearing the news, parents rushed to the hospital to inquire about the health of their children, he said.
The incident comes less than a month after 23 children died in Saran district July 16 due to contaminated mid-day meal served to them.
A forensic science laboratory report confirmed the presence of toxic insecticide strains in the cooking oil used for making food at the school.
The mid-day meal scheme is running in 72,000 schools across the state, and 16 million students avail hot, freshly cooked meals under the scheme.