Pak attack: Our army will take necessary steps, says A K Antony

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Aug 6: Defence Minister A K Antony on Tuesday condemned the unprovoked attack by Pakistani troops across the Line of Control (LoC) and killing five Indian soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir. He assured the House that the Indian Army was ready to take necessary steps against continuing violation of ceasefire by Pakistani troops.

Speaking in the Lok Sabha, Antony said at least 20 people dressed in Pakistani military outfits crossed the LoC and attacked the Indian post. One person was also injured in the attack.

Pak attack: Our army will take necessary steps, says A K Antony

Antony said 17 infiltration bids have been foiled by the army this year while 19 hardcore terrorists were killed along the LoC and in Kashmir last year. He also pointed out that the number of ceasefire violations have doubled compared to last year.

Meanwhile, the Indian government summoned the Pakistani Deputy High Commissioner and lodged a strong protest over the LoC violation and killing of Indian soldiers. The defence minister said a strong message has been sent to Islamabad through diplomatic channels.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...