The incident took place yesterday when children complained of stomach ache and vomiting after eating 'poha' served in the midday meal at the school.
The children were rushed to district hospital for treatment, they said.
The condition of all of them was reported to be out of danger, they said.
Students, aged between 5 and 10, said that tobacco-like smell was emanating from the food served to them after which senior officers, including the Block Education Officer and Tehsildar, reached there to probe the matter, officials said.
Food and water samples have been sent for testing and the exact reason could be ascertained only after receiving the report, they added.