New Delhi, July 19: There has been no major harm to the Kedarnath temple in Uttarakhand in the recent flood fury except for dislodging of some stones which will be replaced, an Archaeological Survey of India official on Friday said.
"There is no threat to the structural stability of the temple. The temple is safe although some stones have been dislodged.
But these will be replaced once the restoration and conservation work, which is hampered due to bad weather, starts," Atul Bhargav, superintendent archaeologist of Dehradun circle of ASI, said.
A team of ASI, which has been given the responsibility to restore the temple, visited the shrine last week to make a preliminary assessment. "Dislodged stones can be reused also but that will be decided by the experts.
It is premature to predict about the possible time frame for conservation work as of now," he said.