Patna, July 19: The school premises were turned into a graveyard in no time. And it was none else but the guardians themselves who buried their little loved ones in the school compound after they died of poisoning in their school.
The ill-fated Dharmasati village, which lost its children in the mid-day meal tragedy on Tuesday, is yet to come to terms with the reality. Parents who have suddenly discovered the happy homes turning empty don't know what to do next. The entire village has been turned into a land of the living dead. "Why they had to die without committing any crime?," is the question which is doing the rounds.
According to a witness, the news suddenly came in that the children fell ill in the school. He ran to the school to see kids lying on the floor and crying. He found two of his kin also lying unconscious. He also got a smell, which is of the deadly chemical that terminated 23 innocent lives.
The agony didn't end here for the families of the ill-fated children. Many of them took their kids to a local hospital first where they were turned down. From there, they ran to a hospital in Chhapra where doctors told them that it was too late to save the children.