Special prayer organised at Mahabodhi temple

Bodh Gaya (Bihar), July 8: A special prayer began at the Mahabodhi temple in Bodh Gaya, where a series of bombs went off early on Sunday morning, on Monday evening. The temple was set to be opened for the public soon after the prayer got over.

Meanwhile, investigative sources said that the attackers knew about the camera locations and evaded them willfully and hence the 48-hour-footage caught on the cameras hasn't provided any important lead.


Earlier, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Bihar DGP Abhayanand confirmed that 10 blasts took place at the Mahabodhi temple, a World Heritage Site, even as 13 bombs had been planted.

The All India Students Federation protested against the blasts in Patna on Monday. The CPI(M) condemned the attacks, saying the culprits should be punished.

Meanwhile, reports said that a central alert about the possible attack on the Buddhist shrine was issued in October last year but the state authorities allegedly failed to understand the seriousness of the matter.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...