Bodh Gaya (Bihar), July 8: The Mahabodhi temple was set to open for the public at 5 pm on Monday after a special prayer, said an IBNLive report. The temple was rocked by serial blasts early on Sunday morning that had left two people injured.
Earlier in the day, the National Security Guard (NSG) forensic team submitted its final report to the home ministry on the serial blasts that rocked the Mahabodhi temple at Bodh Gaya in Bihar on Sunday. According to sources, ammonium nitrate, sulphur and potassium were used as explosives in the blast and not all the bombs used were crude.
It was said that cylinders were used in the latest blasts and that the first explosion might have affected the mechanism in other bombs and reduced their effect.
Nitish Kumar addresses press conference
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar addressed a press conference on Monday on the blasts and asked political leaders not to politcise the tragedy.
The Congress and BJP have been reading charges and counter-charges over the blasts with senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh even linking BJP leader Amit Shah's promise of building the Ram temple in Ayodhya and Narendra Modi's words that the people of Bihar would teach CM Kumar a lesson for 'betraying' the BJP.
Singh, however, said later that he was always wrongly accused of politicising issues, promising to show more restraint while making statements.