Bodh Gaya serial blasts a terror attack: Home Ministry

New Delhi, July 7: Serial explosions inside and outside Mahabodhi temple in Bihar were a terror attack, the Home Ministry said today as it sent NIA and NSG teams for post-blasts investigations.

"It was a terror attack," Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami told PTI. He, however, said so far no group has claimed responsibility for the multiple blasts and investigations were on.

Bomb Blast

Goswami said four blasts took place inside the temple complex while four occurred outside it. The Home Secretary said teams from National Investigation Agency and National Security Guard comprising explosive experts were sent to Bihar to help the police in collection of evidence and assist in post-blasts investigation.

Two people were injured in the serial blasts early this morning in the temple town of Bodh Gaya.


Please Wait while comments are loading...