Here are some notable points gathered as polling proceeds:
1. After casting his vote, HD Revanna of the JD(S) turned the table on which EVM was kept thrice, in what can be called an act of superstition.
2. KJP agents left the polling booth in Muddebihal Bijapur at 1 pm, five hours before the scheduled end of polling! Has BS Yeddyrappa given up?
3. Sources in the JD(S) said their cadre will flood the polling booths after 2 pm. They say it is a part of their multi-pronged strategy to mobilise tha cadre.
4. Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, for whom the Karnataka polls are the first big challenge after his induction in the BJP's national parliament board, asked the people to vote in large numbers. "Your vote is very precious! Urging the people of Karnataka to go out & vote in large numbers," he tweeted.
5. Sources said that the Congress will take a call on Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, who found himself in trouble recently after his nephew allegedly accepted bribe to 'sale' a top railway job, once the Karnataka polls get over. The timing of Railgate has indeed been poor for the Congress.
6. Clashes occurred between Congress workers and supporters of an Independent candidate at Kolar. Reports about some disturbance came from Sagar in Shimoga district as well.
7. An elephant trampled a voter in Mudigere Taluka in Karnataka.